Friday, January 13, 2012

Muscle Atrophy


My legs have been bothering me a great deal lately.  Since I was diagnosed with Heart Failure, all of my muscles are weaker and have atrophied, and I understand that.  It does seem that my legs have been much worse than my upper body.

Before my diagnosis, I worked out all of my life.  I ran 10K’s, I lifted weights, I did martial arts, etc., so I was pretty in touch with my body.  Now my legs ache almost all of the time.  Particularly my upper thighs.

For the past couple of months, when I try to stand up, my legs sometimes don’t cooperate because of weakness and it feels like I may fall.  I am back on the cane because of my lack of balance.  It is really quite disconcerting if I try to walk without my cane.  It seems like I may fall all of the time.

I wonder if anyone else has such an issue.

My best to all.

No comments: