Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My Medications as of November 1, 2011


I had someone ask me recently about my medications, so I thought I would publish them so others can compare to what they are taking.  Please feel free to comment.
Heart Conditions, etc.:

- Third Degree (Complete) Heart Block diagnosed Feb. 6, 2003 – Pacemaker dependant
- Non-ischemic Cardiomyopathy - diagnosed July 16, 2004
- Restrictive Cardiomyopathy - diagnosed May, 2007
- 25 - 30% ejection fraction Feb. 2011
- BNP current is 194 June 2009
- 3rd pacemaker implanted Jan. 29, 2008: Guidant bi-ventricular pacemaker/ICD - Contak Renewal 3 RF HE Model Number H217.

Medicines as of August 31, 2011 – No NSAID's allowed


Coreg – Generic

25 mg
2/day
Morning/Evening
Lisinopril
10 mg
2/day
Morning/Evening
Ranexa
500 mg
2/day
Morning/Evening
Digoxin
0.125 mg
1/day
Morning
Enteric Coated Aspirin
81 mg
1/day
Morning
Furosemide

40mg Tab
As needed



2 comments:

Chel said...

I have Ischemic Dilated cardiomyopathy, A Left Bundle Branch Block, Mitral Valve Regurgitation, EF is around 30%, I will be having cardiac Resynchronization therapy,ICD/Pacemaker Implanted on 11-11-11. My meds are as follows:spironolactone 25 mg tablet, pravastatin 40 mg tablet, furosemide 20 mg tablet, carvedilol 6.25 mg tablet, potassium chloride SR 10 mEq tablet, metFORMIN 500 mg tablet, montelukast 10 mg tablet, albuterol HFA 90 mcg/Actuation inhaler, lisinopril 5 mg tablet

Some of them are mulitple times per day, and some once per day...

Looks similar!

It gets overwhelming to me some days. I am only 42 years old, and I feel like I will be on these meds for the rest of my life!

I had some hope that after the surgery I would have some reduction in the meds...

Take Care!

Michele

David said...

Hi Michele,

I am sorry you also have to take all those meds. I have had this disease since 2004.

The good news is they have tese meds, but I also get discouraged as well.

David