Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Hope

So we buried my mother today. Sorry to bring this up because she had Alzheimer’s, not heart failure. But the whole process was about hope. Hope that one day no one will suffer from Alzheimer’s, or Parkinson’s, or cancer, or heart failure.

Without hope we have nothing. We project hope. We try to believe. Even if we fear our doubts will condemn us. We fear, and we have hope. Without it we have nothing.

I apologize for this post, but I am a mess tonight. Frankly, as I was sitting in the funeral mass today, I was thinking there is a good chance I am next. As you have read, I am not doing very well lately. I apologize, but that is what came to mind.

I know someone very well who recently lost a father and then a brother, back to back year over year. I can’t imagine the pain that family feels, although I imagine it better than I once did.

One of my brother in law’s did a eulogy today about my mom. It was amazing to hear a brother in law cry when talking about the fact that my mom was one of those persons who improved the world by her existence and her positive influence on others. I pray that one day I may be worthy of her.

I have hope for all those who suffer. I also pray for everyone who does.

1 comment:

Fedor said...

Sorry to hear about your mother, I know how it is to lose a loved one.