Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Stem Cell Hope

Yesterday I spoke to a research institution that is recruiting patients for stem cell studies for heart failure patients.  This is the first one in the USA that I know of that includes non-ischemic as well as ischemic cardiomyopathy.  My wonderful wife also called another study that sounds hopeful as well.

I visited a doctor in Germany last year trying to get into the only non-ischemic study in the world but I did not qualify at that time.  Now it appears that we may have choices.

It is ironic that after I wrote what I did yesterday morning that this would happen yesterday afternoon.  

Feeling hopeful at the moment.

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Hi David,

I'm glad that you found my blog. It has lead me to yours. I plan to follow yours as well.

Kristie

lindapalk said...

hi David, I follow your blog ever now and then. My husband is non-ischemic CM. We live in Oklahoma. How do you find out about stem cell trials in the US?

Good luck. My prayers are with you.

Linda